Parents and carers have the chance to learn how to save a life - free
Published: 29 May 2014 13:000 comments
Some 50 places are available for a 90-minute training, which is sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim and run by St John Ambulance instructors. Participants – who will learn basic first aid skills for adults and children - will have a choice of doing a course on Friday, June 20, from 10am-11.30pm, or from 12-1.30pm.
Simon Williams, editor of the News, said: “The sessions provide some basic first aid training in a relatively short time; what you learn in those 90 minutes could help you save the life of a loved one or friend.
“We hope you will never have to use the training in a real-life emergency but if you do, then you will be confident to do something to help.
“We are delighted to be again running our Child Lifesaver courses and are grateful to Boehringer Ingelheim for its continued sponsorship of the courses, plus the time given by the St John Ambulance instructors.”
During the course, participants will be able to practise CPR using dummies, as well as other lifesaving techniques:
l Checking for responses from a casualty
l Putting a casualty into the recovery position
l Carrying out CPR on an adult and child
l Taking action when an adult or child is choking.
Places on the courses will be given on a first-come, first-served basis and must be booked through the News (see panel for details).
The courses are always oversubscribed so anyone interested in attending should ensure they will definitely be able to come on the course at their chosen time before booking.
Please note that unfortunately no child care facilities are available on the day.
- Workshops will be held on Friday, June 20, at the St John Ambulance centre, Crowthorne Road North, Bracknell RG12 7AU (turn off Bagshot Road by the blue Sharps building)
- There is a choice of two slots – either 10-11.30am or 12-1.30pm
- There are a maximum of 25 places on each course, given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No childcare facilities will be provided. Free parking is available at the centre.
- The Child Lifesaver courses are free but must be booked in advance through Simon Williams via email email@example.com
Please state your preferred slot plus give a contact telephone number.
- The first aid training is provided by trained St John Ambulance instructors