FLOOD update: flooding sparks Reading and Wokingham road closures
Published: 8 Feb 2014 09:20
Wokingham Borough Council is also pleading with neighbours not to use appliances including washing machines and dishwashers and has advised residents in Wargrave and Remenham to boil their water before using it as months of heavy rain continues to wreak havoc on the county's sewer systems.
The Environment Agency has issued renewed flood warnings for the River Loddon at Winnersh, Woodley, Lower Earley and Sindlesham and the Thames from Shiplake to Bolney Court near Henley including Lower Shiplake and Wargrave
Flood alerts are in place for the Lower Loddon at Twyford, the Thames for Henley, Remenham and Medmenham - including Middle and Lower Assendon on the Assendon Stream, and Skirmett and Hambleden on the Hambledon Brook - as well as the Upper Loddon and Emm Brook
The following roads are currently closed due to flooding:
* Showcase Cinema Roundabout, Winnersh is starting to flood, with water still rising. Traffic lights to be turned off and a conventional roundabout established and reduced to two lanes. Situation likely to worsen so advice is to avoid location and seek alternative route.
* Hinton Road, Hurst between Broadwater Lane and Waltham Road
* Part Lane, Swallowfield
* Church Road, Swallowfield between Nutbean Lane and Part Lane
* A327 between Arborfield and Shinfield
* A321 Wokingham Road between Forest Road and Lodge Road
* Church Road, Arborfield
* Emmbrook Road under the railway bridge
* Mill Lane, Winnersh (Sindlesham) is temporarily closed between Mole Road and Lower Earley Way
* Sandford Lane between Woodley and Hurst
* Islandstone Lane, Hurst
* Sonning Bridge at Sonning Eye, South Oxfordshire (there is currently no through-route from the A4 through Sonning across the River Thames (Sonning Bridge) to the A4155
* Remenham Lane, Remenham is closed between A4130 White Hill and Remenham Church Lane
* Lands End Ford, Whistley Mill Lane, Charvil is closed due to current river levels
Get more stories from our Roundup section
15 Apr 2014 09:30
GREEN-fingered residents turned out in force for a record-breaking garden show.
15 Apr 2014 09:00
Firefighters attended a smash in Ascot last night which injured three people.
13 Apr 2014 09:30
A POPULAR ITV drama set in the grounds of a Sindlesham school attracted millions of viewers on Sunday night.
12 Apr 2014 17:30
FIREFIGHTERS were called out to a smash on the M4 this morning which injured three people.
12 Apr 2014 09:45
Fire-fighters were called out to rescue a woman who had become trapped in a lift in a care home.
12 Apr 2014 09:30
Firefighters were called out to rescue a girl who had become stuck in a swing for toddlers.
10 Apr 2014 13:30
A PROFESSIONAL opera company will perform for the first time in Reading next week.
4 Apr 2014 16:15
A MOTORCYCLIST has been airlifted to hospital with life-threatening injuries after a crash on the M4.
2 Apr 2014 17:30
A NEW piece of technology should help drivers learn about problems on Bracknell’s roads faster.
1 Apr 2014 09:00
NEIGHBOURS across Berkshire are being warned to protect sheds and garages after figures revealed thefts shot up by 25% when the clocks went forward last year.
31 Mar 2014 12:20
A person has been hit by a train near Burnham.
29 Mar 2014 18:00
KINDLING from a small fire sparked a serious patio blaze in Hurst this afternoon.
26 Mar 2014 12:00
RAIL passengers are being advised to check journey times before they travel during Easter when services will be disrupted by engineering works for Crossrail.
23 Mar 2014 09:30
NEARLY 2,000 youngsters from Berkshire raised the roof of the Royal Albert Hall.
20 Mar 2014 15:30
The A327 has fully reopened following a serious crash this morning.
18 Mar 2014 16:41
ALL three lanes of the M4 westbound blocked earlier due to a lorry fire have now reopened.
17 Mar 2014 13:45
South East Water is holding a drop-in session tomorrow to outline a £850,000 scheme to replace 2.7km of water mains in Bracknell.
17 Mar 2014 09:30
SCHOOLS in Bracknell, Ascot and Wokingham are being encouraged to help equip a generation of new life-saving first aiders, following the introduction of an updated student first aid programme.
16 Mar 2014 09:30
A BIKER has raised more than £125 after having his dreadlocks shaved off for charity.
14 Mar 2014 08:00
GUESTS at last week’s First Friday Club were asked to plan for the future