Details of Remembrance events
Published: 9 Nov 2012 19:30
This year, Remembrance Sunday falls on November 11 - the anniversary of the Armistice at the end of the First World War.
Wreaths will be laid and tributes made as people throughout Berkshire fall silent to observe the traditional two-minute silence.
Remembrance Day services will take place on Sunday:
* The Bracknell branch of the Royal British Legion will pay respects with the laying of wreaths and silence around the war memorial in Stanley Walk, at 10.45am. A parade will then march to the Holy Trinity Church for the Remembrance service.
* The congregation of St Francis & St Clare CofE Church, which is based at Jennett's Park School, will hold a service on Sunday in Tawny Owl Square, just outside the school. It begins at 10.30am with poppy-making for the children inside the school hall and then will process out to the square.
* Residents and soldiers from Sandhurst Military Academy - which is marking its 200th anniversary -will attend a civic service of Remembrance at 10.45am, in Sandhurst Memorial Park. Sandhurst Silver Band, St Michael's Church Choir and Sandhurst Corps of Drums will provide musical support.
* A two-minute silence will be held in Market Place, Wokingham, at 11am. The Remembrance Day Parade will then start at Wokingham Town Hall at 2.30pm, going to All Saints Church, in Norreys Avenue, for the annual service. The parade will then march through the town back to the town hall where wreaths will be laid on the war memorial.
* A parade in Binfield will start at Binfield Club car park, in Binfield Road, at 9.30am, and will arrive at All Saints' Church, Terrace Road North, at 10am.
* Crowthorne RBL will meet at 10am for its annual Remembrance Service at St John's Church, Wellington Road, Crowthorne - with Sandhurst Community Brass providing music. The congregation will then walk down to Lych Gate for 11am, to observe the two-minute silence and hang wreaths on the gate.
* People will gather at the war memorial in Ascot High Street at 10.20am; wreaths will be laid and two minutes silence will be held at 11am. Scouts, cubs, guides and brownies will then lead a parade to All Saints' Church in London Road for an 11.45am service.
* All Souls' Church in All Souls Road, South Ascot will hold a 10.30am service.
* A family service will be held at St Michael's and All Angels in Sunninghill at 9.15am where youngsters can explore the war graves and find out about the meaning of remembrance day. There will then be a service at 10.45am.
* Holy Trinity Church in Sunningdale will hold a ser-vice starting at the war memorial in Church Road at 10.45am and following the two-minute silence people will parade to the church where the service will continue.
* A civic remembrance service will be held at St Mary's Church in Winkfield at 10.45am and two minutes silence will be held at 11am.
* St Peter's Church in Cranbourne will hold a 10.45am remembrance service.
* At St Martin's, Chavey Down, a service of remembrance will be held at 9.30am.
* In Hurst, a Parade will form at 10.30am in the 'Castle' car park. At 10.45am there is a short march to St Nicholas Church for a service after which the congregation moves outside to the memorial for a short wreath-laying ceremony. The parade will re-form ready for the march back.
Get more stories from our Roundup section
17 Apr 2014 13:30
CRIME is at its lowest level in Bracknell Forest for at least 15 years, according to police.
16 Apr 2014 18:00
ONE lane of the M4 has been closed due to an collision involving two cars.
16 Apr 2014 17:30
THAMES Valley Police have issued a stark warning reminding residents to be extra vigilant over burglaries now the days are getting longer.
15 Apr 2014 09:30
GREEN-fingered residents turned out in force for a record-breaking garden show.
15 Apr 2014 09:00
Firefighters attended a smash in Ascot last night which injured three people.
13 Apr 2014 09:30
A POPULAR ITV drama set in the grounds of a Sindlesham school attracted millions of viewers on Sunday night.
12 Apr 2014 17:30
FIREFIGHTERS were called out to a smash on the M4 this morning which injured three people.
12 Apr 2014 09:45
Fire-fighters were called out to rescue a woman who had become trapped in a lift in a care home.
12 Apr 2014 09:30
Firefighters were called out to rescue a girl who had become stuck in a swing for toddlers.
10 Apr 2014 13:30
A PROFESSIONAL opera company will perform for the first time in Reading next week.
4 Apr 2014 16:15
A MOTORCYCLIST has been airlifted to hospital with life-threatening injuries after a crash on the M4.
2 Apr 2014 17:30
A NEW piece of technology should help drivers learn about problems on Bracknell’s roads faster.
1 Apr 2014 09:00
NEIGHBOURS across Berkshire are being warned to protect sheds and garages after figures revealed thefts shot up by 25% when the clocks went forward last year.
31 Mar 2014 12:20
A person has been hit by a train near Burnham.
29 Mar 2014 18:00
KINDLING from a small fire sparked a serious patio blaze in Hurst this afternoon.
26 Mar 2014 12:00
RAIL passengers are being advised to check journey times before they travel during Easter when services will be disrupted by engineering works for Crossrail.
23 Mar 2014 09:30
NEARLY 2,000 youngsters from Berkshire raised the roof of the Royal Albert Hall.
20 Mar 2014 15:30
The A327 has fully reopened following a serious crash this morning.
18 Mar 2014 16:41
ALL three lanes of the M4 westbound blocked earlier due to a lorry fire have now reopened.
17 Mar 2014 13:45
South East Water is holding a drop-in session tomorrow to outline a £850,000 scheme to replace 2.7km of water mains in Bracknell.