Details of Remembrance events
COMMUNITIES will fall silent at 11am this Sunday to remember those who lost their lives in war.
This year, Remembrance Sunday falls on November 11 - the anniversary of the Armistice at the end of the First World War.
Wreaths will be laid and tributes made as people throughout Berkshire fall silent to observe the traditional two-minute silence.
Remembrance Day services will take place on Sunday:
* The Bracknell branch of the Royal British Legion will pay respects with the laying of wreaths and silence around the war memorial in Stanley Walk, at 10.45am. A parade will then march to the Holy Trinity Church for the Remembrance service.
* The congregation of St Francis & St Clare CofE Church, which is based at Jennett's Park School, will hold a service on Sunday in Tawny Owl Square, just outside the school. It begins at 10.30am with poppy-making for the children inside the school hall and then will process out to the square.
* Residents and soldiers from Sandhurst Military Academy - which is marking its 200th anniversary -will attend a civic service of Remembrance at 10.45am, in Sandhurst Memorial Park. Sandhurst Silver Band, St Michael's Church Choir and Sandhurst Corps of Drums will provide musical support.
* A two-minute silence will be held in Market Place, Wokingham, at 11am. The Remembrance Day Parade will then start at Wokingham Town Hall at 2.30pm, going to All Saints Church, in Norreys Avenue, for the annual service. The parade will then march through the town back to the town hall where wreaths will be laid on the war memorial.
* A parade in Binfield will start at Binfield Club car park, in Binfield Road, at 9.30am, and will arrive at All Saints' Church, Terrace Road North, at 10am.
* Crowthorne RBL will meet at 10am for its annual Remembrance Service at St John's Church, Wellington Road, Crowthorne - with Sandhurst Community Brass providing music. The congregation will then walk down to Lych Gate for 11am, to observe the two-minute silence and hang wreaths on the gate.
* People will gather at the war memorial in Ascot High Street at 10.20am; wreaths will be laid and two minutes silence will be held at 11am. Scouts, cubs, guides and brownies will then lead a parade to All Saints' Church in London Road for an 11.45am service.
* All Souls' Church in All Souls Road, South Ascot will hold a 10.30am service.
* A family service will be held at St Michael's and All Angels in Sunninghill at 9.15am where youngsters can explore the war graves and find out about the meaning of remembrance day. There will then be a service at 10.45am.
* Holy Trinity Church in Sunningdale will hold a ser-vice starting at the war memorial in Church Road at 10.45am and following the two-minute silence people will parade to the church where the service will continue.
* A civic remembrance service will be held at St Mary's Church in Winkfield at 10.45am and two minutes silence will be held at 11am.
* St Peter's Church in Cranbourne will hold a 10.45am remembrance service.
* At St Martin's, Chavey Down, a service of remembrance will be held at 9.30am.
* In Hurst, a Parade will form at 10.30am in the 'Castle' car park. At 10.45am there is a short march to St Nicholas Church for a service after which the congregation moves outside to the memorial for a short wreath-laying ceremony. The parade will re-form ready for the march back.
This article appeared in Bracknell News 09 Nov 12