Details of Remembrance events
Published: 9 Nov 2012 19:30
This year, Remembrance Sunday falls on November 11 - the anniversary of the Armistice at the end of the First World War.
Wreaths will be laid and tributes made as people throughout Berkshire fall silent to observe the traditional two-minute silence.
Remembrance Day services will take place on Sunday:
* The Bracknell branch of the Royal British Legion will pay respects with the laying of wreaths and silence around the war memorial in Stanley Walk, at 10.45am. A parade will then march to the Holy Trinity Church for the Remembrance service.
* The congregation of St Francis & St Clare CofE Church, which is based at Jennett's Park School, will hold a service on Sunday in Tawny Owl Square, just outside the school. It begins at 10.30am with poppy-making for the children inside the school hall and then will process out to the square.
* Residents and soldiers from Sandhurst Military Academy - which is marking its 200th anniversary -will attend a civic service of Remembrance at 10.45am, in Sandhurst Memorial Park. Sandhurst Silver Band, St Michael's Church Choir and Sandhurst Corps of Drums will provide musical support.
* A two-minute silence will be held in Market Place, Wokingham, at 11am. The Remembrance Day Parade will then start at Wokingham Town Hall at 2.30pm, going to All Saints Church, in Norreys Avenue, for the annual service. The parade will then march through the town back to the town hall where wreaths will be laid on the war memorial.
* A parade in Binfield will start at Binfield Club car park, in Binfield Road, at 9.30am, and will arrive at All Saints' Church, Terrace Road North, at 10am.
* Crowthorne RBL will meet at 10am for its annual Remembrance Service at St John's Church, Wellington Road, Crowthorne - with Sandhurst Community Brass providing music. The congregation will then walk down to Lych Gate for 11am, to observe the two-minute silence and hang wreaths on the gate.
* People will gather at the war memorial in Ascot High Street at 10.20am; wreaths will be laid and two minutes silence will be held at 11am. Scouts, cubs, guides and brownies will then lead a parade to All Saints' Church in London Road for an 11.45am service.
* All Souls' Church in All Souls Road, South Ascot will hold a 10.30am service.
* A family service will be held at St Michael's and All Angels in Sunninghill at 9.15am where youngsters can explore the war graves and find out about the meaning of remembrance day. There will then be a service at 10.45am.
* Holy Trinity Church in Sunningdale will hold a ser-vice starting at the war memorial in Church Road at 10.45am and following the two-minute silence people will parade to the church where the service will continue.
* A civic remembrance service will be held at St Mary's Church in Winkfield at 10.45am and two minutes silence will be held at 11am.
* St Peter's Church in Cranbourne will hold a 10.45am remembrance service.
* At St Martin's, Chavey Down, a service of remembrance will be held at 9.30am.
* In Hurst, a Parade will form at 10.30am in the 'Castle' car park. At 10.45am there is a short march to St Nicholas Church for a service after which the congregation moves outside to the memorial for a short wreath-laying ceremony. The parade will re-form ready for the march back.
Get more stories from our Roundup section
9 Dec 2013 14:30
LANDORDS of two pubs are celebrating after they were honoured for their service.
7 Dec 2013 09:30
A SHARE of a £350,000 pot will be used to help protect roads of Ascot and Sunninghill from flooding.
6 Dec 2013 14:00
THE Fire Brigades' Union (FBU) has announced further strike action over a pension dispute with the Government.
6 Dec 2013 12:00
A NATIONAL charity has welcomed a £10m boost to rural broadband.
6 Dec 2013 09:30
Motorists are reminded over road closures as a convoy of bikers take to the streets this weekend (Sunday December 8).
6 Dec 2013 09:30
TRIBUTES have been pouring in following the death of Nelson Mandela yesterday, aged 95.
4 Dec 2013 16:16
MOTORISTS faced delays on the M4 today when a car overturned and careered into a ditch.
4 Dec 2013 13:30
AN ANTI-DRINK and drug drive video has been released to highlight the dangers of driving in particular the morning after a night out.
2 Dec 2013 16:30
A PRIMARY school raised more than £1,000 at its Christmas fair.
2 Dec 2013 12:30
A NEIGHBOURHOOD plan that would see residents have a greater say on developments in their community is at “crunch point”, its steering group says.
30 Nov 2013 12:30
A SUNNINGDALE supermarket celebrated its latest donation to local charities with a presentation evening.
29 Nov 2013 12:20
BINFIELD shooter Amber Hill has received SportsAid’s One-to-Watch Award 2013 from the Duchess of Cambridge.
28 Nov 2013 15:30
A BAZAAR will raise money towards new playground equipment for a Bracknell school. The event at Sandy Lane Primary will be held on Saturday, November 30, from 11am-2pm at the school.
28 Nov 2013 13:30
WITH THE deadline for our Toys and Toys Appeal ending tomorrow supermarket workers in Sunningdale and Ascot are calling on readers to help ensure everyone has a Christmas to remember.
28 Nov 2013 12:30
TWO brothers have been jailed for violent offences, including attacks at a Sandhurst pub.
28 Nov 2013 11:00
BRACKNELL Forest Council is confident they will cope with demand for school places. Also Strictly stars will descend on winter wonderland in Ascot next month, Bracknell light switch-on and much much more! Buy a copy of this week's Bracknell News. Out today for just 70p.
26 Nov 2013 09:30
FOUR new faces will be hoping to join the council in this week's by-elections.
24 Nov 2013 17:30
ADULTS got crafty when they made stockings and gifts ready for Christmas.
21 Nov 2013 15:30
Our picks of the top theatre productions across Berkshire this week.
21 Nov 2013 10:30
THE region's minor injuries unit will definitely move from Ascot to Bracknell, after an independent panel of experts backed the move. They rejected a challenge by the Royal Borough that the the unit should stay at Heatherwood Hospital.