Calling all wannabe Apprentices - and employers
Published: 2 Aug 2012 16:300 comments
THE News is giving young people who are searching for an Apprenticeships the chance to be profiled in our papers and online as part of our Aspire to hire! campaign. We hope companies will then see these and give them a job.
Anyone aged 16-24 years old can send forward their details for the chance to be profiled. See the links below to see the young people we have profiled so far. We will be featuring another aspiring Apprentice next week.
If you are interested in us profiling you, email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your full name, age and where you live
- A colour jpg photo of yourself
- Details of where you are studying and/or working now
- Your qualifications
- The Apprenticeship you are seeking - eg motor vehicle, electrical installation, childcare, accounting or hairdressing
Please explain briefly
- Why you are interested in that line of work
- Why should a company employ you - what are your qualities and strengths?
- What is your ambition?
YOUNG PEOPLE PROFILED SO FAR
- Daniel Kelf, 18, from Bracknell, is seeking an apprenticeship in accountancy.
- Steve Jennings, 19, from Woosehill, is looking for an apprenticeship in gardening/landscaping or work with animals.
- Sam Francis, 23, from Priestwood, a single dad who is looking to be an apprentice welder/fabricator.
- Nicola Hussey, 24, from Wokingham, hopes to become an apprentice accountant.
- Bradley Clark, 22, from Birch Hill, wants to train as a plumbing and heating engineer. See http://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/bracknell/articles/2012/07/21/61109-give-a-youngster-their-first-break/
If your company is interested in possibly employing any of the young people featured, please email Simon Williams at email@example.com