Firefighters tackle fire caused by cooking in Sandhurst

Published: 15 Apr 2014 17:300 comments

Firefighters attended a cooking fire in Sandhurst this afternoon.

Share this image

They were called to a house in College Crescent, Sandhurst, where someone’s lunch sparked a fire.

Two men - thought to be middle aged - were cooking when some paper near the hob caught fire.

Watch manager Alistair Nash, from Bracknell, said: “There was no damage, it was contained within the pan. Some paper had blown onto the gas hob, but it was out almost as soon as the paper burnt out.”

He confirmed the occupants had a smoke alarm, and suffered no injuries.

They were called at 4.50pm, and spent around 20 minutes at the scene, with a crew from Camberley also attending.

Jump to first paragraph.

Comments

Have your say - post a comment on this article

Registered users log in here
If you are registered with us, you can login here. If you are not registered, please do so now. Once logged in you wont have to complete word verification each time you post.