News » Crowthorne & Sandhurst » Articles »

Firefighters urge residents to check their smoke alarms work

Published: 15 Nov 2013 17:300 comments

FIREFIGHTERS have praised a house owner for having working smoke alarms after they put out an attic fire in Crowthorne.

Share this image

Crews from Bracknell and Wokingham were called to the three-floor home in Church Street after a fire broke out in the attic.

The firefighters were able to deal with the blaze - which was caused by a faulty electrical item - within about 20 minutes.

However watch manager Gary Martin, from Bracknell fire station, said: "The woman heard the smoke alarm and called us.

"If she hadn't it could have been a very big fire."

Jump to first paragraph.

Comments

Have your say - post a comment on this article

Registered users log in here
If you are registered with us, you can login here. If you are not registered, please do so now. Once logged in you wont have to complete word verification each time you post.