Super Tots baby competition will return to Bracknell later this summer
Published: 11 May 2014 09:300 comments
The News’s Super Tots baby and toddler of the year competition opens next month
and photographers will take pictures of youngsters for five
days – from Tuesday, June 24, until Saturday, June 28.
Children aged six or under can take part in the contest, organised by the News.
Photographers from Premier Promotions will take pictures of youngsters in Princess Square shopping centre in Bracknell between 10am and 4pm from the Tuesday to the Friday, and from 10am-3pm on the Saturday.
Paul Ziff, from Premier Promotions, said: “People love to see their children in the paper which is what we’re providing. It’s a free sitting and doesn’t cost parents anything so I’d encourage them to
bring their children along.”
A record-breaking 183 children were photographed as part of the News’s Super Tots competition last year – up on the 151 in 2012.
Mr Ziff is hoping this figure will be even more year, the first time his company has been involved in our competition.
He said: “We’re really looking forward to it and it would be great to have at least 200 children have their photos taken.
“There are great prizes for the winners and it could be a lovely memento.”
This year, there will be three age categories – for babies aged up to 18 months; for boys aged 19 months to six; and for girls of the same age range.
All photographs will be published in a special supplement, and readers can then vote for the most adorable children.
The photos will appear in the News at the end of July.
Readers will be able to vote for their favourites by coupon or text.
The baby or child with the most votes in each of the three categories will be named our winners in the News on Thursday, August 14.
The winning children will receive a fantastic 16”x12” canvas print of their photograph, worth £170, and a certificate.
Last year’s winners – when there were four age categories – were Theo Howe, Chris-topher Jose, Amelia Riley and Martin-Lutha Kwabi.