Family flee early morning blaze
Published: 2 Feb 2013 09:300 comments
A FAMILY of four fled their home in the early hours of today (Saturday) when their garden shed caught fire.
The two adults and two young children were woken by smoke alarms sounding at their terraced house in Humber Way, Sandhurst, at 2.30am when the blaze took hold and smoke from the burning building began seeping into the house.
Crews from Bracknell, Wokingham and Camberley fire stations arrived to put out the flames, but the shed - which was attached to the back of the property - was completely destroyed.
Bracknell station watch manager Alastair Condie put the fire down to a faulty tumbler drier and said: "The whole house was smoke logged nut thankfully they had detectors - it saved their lives."