News » Bracknell » Articles »

Office fire causes alarm

Published: 7 Nov 2012 09:001 comment

FIREFIGHTERS from Bracknell and Wokingham fire stations were called out just before midnight yesterday evening (Tuesday November 6).

Share this image

Passers-by sounded the alarm after they saw smoke coming from a broken window in Milbanke Way, near the Western Industrial Area.

A pump from both stations arrived at the scene at around 11.40pm and had to make a forced entry into the building by breaking down the door.

They then extinguished the fire in around 20 minutes, though the Bracknell crew remained at the scene until 1.30pm when the smoke cleared.

It is believed the fire was started by a faulty photocopier. It is not being treated as suspicious.

Jump to first paragraph.

Comments

Have your say - post a comment on this article

Registered users log in here
If you are registered with us, you can login here. If you are not registered, please do so now. Once logged in you wont have to complete word verification each time you post.