News » Bracknell » Articles »

Guest house filled with smoke after fuse box breaks

Published: 29 Oct 2012 10:00

A GUEST house has been left with smoke damage after a fuse box malfunctioned.

Share this image

Firefighters from Bracknell fire station rushed to Tenterden in Wokingham Road, Bracknell at 4.50pm yesterday (Sunday) after the fuse box started smoking in a downstairs bedroom.

When crews arrived the room was full of thick, black smoke and the fuse box had melted. There was also smoke damage to upstairs rooms, as it spread throughout the house.

The two owners and a guest who were in the house at the time did not need hospital treatment but were treated for slight smoke inhalation by paramedics at the scene.

The crew spent two hours at the scene, putting out the smouldering fuse box and clearing the house of smoke. The electricity board was called and had to shut electricity off to the house.

Jump to first paragraph.