Have an input on health
Published 1 Aug 2012 09:30 0 Comments
AN INDEPENDENT group that campaigns for improvements to health and social care services is asking people which areas they would like to see addressed.
The Bracknell Forest Local Involvement Network (LINk) is holding a roadshow across the borough this month to encourage residents to say which services the group should be focused on.
Debra Ogles, development officer for Bracknell Forest LINk, said: "The reason we are doing this event is to raise awareness of the LINk but also to get lots more people involved in having their say about local services.
"We think at the moment with all the changes going on locally and nationally with the health service it's the best opportunity for people to have their say and get services to be changed.
"The more people that speak out and come to us and tell us about their experiences, the better chance that services will be changed."
Residents will able to vote on matters including hospital discharge, access to GP appointments, mental health services, dignity and respect in care.
LINk's present campaigns including calling for all doctor's surgeries to have electronic arrival systems to help the deaf and hard of hearing, and improving patients' experiences when they are discharged from hospital.
The LINk is keen to recruit more volunteers to join its steering group or become involved in research and project work, such as helping the homeless.
It is a not-for-profit group set up as part of a national government initiative in 2008.
From April 2013, it will be replaced by Local Healthwatch, which will still advocate for improvements to health and social care but will also act as a complaints service.
Find out more about Bracknell Forest LINk via www.bracknellforestlinkorg/sign-link
Road show dates:
* Monday, August 13, from 2.30-4pm at Binfield Library, Benetfeld Road, Binfield.
* Wednesday, August 15, from 10am-2pm at Wexham Park Hospital, Slough.
* Thursday, August 16, from 10am-noon at Crowthorne Library, High Street, Crowthorne.
* Thursday, August 16, from 2-4pm at Sandhurst Library, the Broadway, Sandhurst.
* Friday, August 17, from noon-2pm at The Look In Community Café, the Broadway, Bracknell.
* Wednesday, August 22, from 10am-2pm at Heatherwood Hospital, London Road, Ascot.
* Friday, August 24, from 11am-1pm at Whitegrove Library, County Lane, Warfield.