Torch route information
Published: 10 Jul 2012 07:00
* The torch will be brought by motor convoy from Ascot and will arrive in Bracknell in London Road at the junction with New Forest Ride at 5.31pm.
* It will then be carried by torchbearers along London Road, Millennium Way and Skimped Hill Lane to the Peel Centre for 6pm.
* There will be temporary road closures as the torch passes. It will depend on crowd size whether eastbound traffic will be able to pass.
* Through traffic will be diverted along Harvest Ride and local traffic along Lily Hill Drive and Longhill Road.
* Parking will be banned on the A329 between the junction of New Forest Ride and the Met Office Roundabout.
* Council and other public car parks will open as usual. Blue Badge holders can park free in Car Park Seven on the northern side of The Ring opposite Easthampstead House from 4pm.
* There will be disruption from 6pm on the A329M westbound as the torch relay police escort team stops cars going ahead of the convoy as it travels from Bracknell to the Sutton Seeds roundabout junction with the A4 in Reading.
Get more stories from our Bracknell section
5 Dec 2013 11:30
A part of Broad Lane in Bracknell is currently closed due to a hole in the road.
5 Dec 2013 11:00
Elms Field was debated last night (Wednesday December 4) at an extraordinary council meeting held at St Crispin’s school.
5 Dec 2013 10:30
Burglary rates have decreased 9% in Wokingham since last year but people are warned to remain vigilant over the holiday season.
5 Dec 2013 09:30
A group of past and present students have created software to aid with GCSE revision.
5 Dec 2013 09:00
ALMOST 100 Bracknell Forest parents have been fined after their children missed school this term.
4 Dec 2013 17:30
We are asking all our readers to contribute to a Christmas gallery by sending us photos of your trees, decorations and other festive fun.
4 Dec 2013 12:40
MORE than 600 jobs could be axed from the Bracknell branch of Hewlett Packard according to Unite.
4 Dec 2013 10:30
A lorry and Suzuki motorcycle were involved in a collision in Binfield this morning, leaving the motorcyclist with serious leg injuries.
4 Dec 2013 09:30
WOKINGHAM’S successful debut in the Thames and Chilterns In Bloom competition has been celebrated.
3 Dec 2013 17:30
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a care home in Wildridings after a tumble dryer caught fire this morning.
2 Dec 2013 09:30
Ranelagh School celebrated a prestigious win in maths, second only to Eton College.
1 Dec 2013 17:45
A TUMBLE dryer caught fire in Warfield this afternoon.
1 Dec 2013 09:30
ART lovers will be pleased to know that Bracknell Forest Council plans to preserve many of the town’s treasured public pieces.
30 Nov 2013 09:30
AN MP is backing residents’ fight against plans to bulldoze Blue Mountain Golf Course and create a major housing and community development.
29 Nov 2013 11:30
POLICE are asking for witnesses to come forward after a bus had one of its windows smashed on Tuesday.
29 Nov 2013 09:30
THE CURRENT phase of works on the Berkshire Way arm of the roundabout is due to be completed today (Friday).
28 Nov 2013 10:00
Six pumps from across Berkshire were called to the inferno in Strawberry Hill yesterday afternoon.
27 Nov 2013 13:30
BIKERS are gearing up to sprinkle festive magic across the town when they unravel the tinsel to bring Christmas to disadvantaged youngsters.
27 Nov 2013 09:30
WOKINGHAM’s living advent calendar is set to be bigger and better this year - following its successful debut 12 months ago.
26 Nov 2013 17:00
The body of a 38-year-old man was discovered by police in a property in Toll Gardens this morning.