Torch route information
Published: 10 Jul 2012 07:00
* The torch will be brought by motor convoy from Ascot and will arrive in Bracknell in London Road at the junction with New Forest Ride at 5.31pm.
* It will then be carried by torchbearers along London Road, Millennium Way and Skimped Hill Lane to the Peel Centre for 6pm.
* There will be temporary road closures as the torch passes. It will depend on crowd size whether eastbound traffic will be able to pass.
* Through traffic will be diverted along Harvest Ride and local traffic along Lily Hill Drive and Longhill Road.
* Parking will be banned on the A329 between the junction of New Forest Ride and the Met Office Roundabout.
* Council and other public car parks will open as usual. Blue Badge holders can park free in Car Park Seven on the northern side of The Ring opposite Easthampstead House from 4pm.
* There will be disruption from 6pm on the A329M westbound as the torch relay police escort team stops cars going ahead of the convoy as it travels from Bracknell to the Sutton Seeds roundabout junction with the A4 in Reading.
Get more stories from our Bracknell section
9 Mar 2014 09:30
A STRAY cat living off pigeons in the former 3M building for more than a year has finally been rescued.
8 Mar 2014 09:30
A PERMIT scheme for residents living near Bracknell town centre is expected to be approved by councillors.
7 Mar 2014 17:00
An elderly woman has died after a house fire in Warfield this morning.
7 Mar 2014 16:30
THREE budding entrepreneurs have launched a campaign to help kick-start their clothing company, which pledges all cash raised to charity.
7 Mar 2014 15:30
RESIDENTS in Bracknell was treated to a rare glimpse of an exotic bird.
7 Mar 2014 13:00
Bracknell and Wokingham College is inviting people to its open day to hear about courses and opportunities on offer.
7 Mar 2014 12:00
CHART-TOPPING popstars have launched a music workshop initiative in Crown Wood, aiming to brighten up how music is taught.
7 Mar 2014 09:00
UNDER-FIRE train operator First Great Western has pledged to change the way it handles compensation claims for passengers hit by delays.
6 Mar 2014 17:00
A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of rape.
6 Mar 2014 15:30
Firefighters used a makeshift barrier to protect an electrical substation from the 'bubbling’ torrent of water.
6 Mar 2014 14:00
POLICE have issued advice to residents after thieves pushed items through a letterbox to get inside or steal car keys.
6 Mar 2014 10:45
A BRAVE 4-year-old comes to the rescue of her sick mum; two fraudsters who conned elderly people out of thousands are jailed; a reptile rescuer taken to court criticises police; and we reveal attendance records for each Bracknell Forest councillors. For these stories and more, pick up a copy of the News, on sale now, priced 70p.
6 Mar 2014 09:00
A water main which burst in Bracknell this morning forced roads to close, flooding homes and affected the water supply
6 Mar 2014 08:00
A BRACKNELL man has been jailed following a nationwide operation against suspected drug dealers.
5 Mar 2014 15:00
Youngsters showed off their martial arts moves as they fought their way to their first belt.
4 Mar 2014 17:00
A pub has served up more than £1,000 to help fund specialist equipment for a little boy.
4 Mar 2014 14:30
A COUNCIL office has become one of the first locations to join a nationwide coffee packaging recycling scheme.
4 Mar 2014 12:30
MORE than 800 people attended a jobs fair to get careers advice and find out about vacancies.
3 Mar 2014 17:30
A WOMAN is taking on a gruelling walking challenge to help raise awareness about a little-known disease after a friend passed away last year.
3 Mar 2014 12:30
FAMILIES flocked to a woodland activity day to ride a miniature train, pet owls and learn a range of woodland crafts.