Jubilee parties continue
Published 6 Jun 2012 16:30 0 Comments
CELEBRATIONS for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee are by no means over, with several parties still to take place.
Friday, June 8
* The Willows And The Maples Children's Centre is inviting children and parents to make crowns from 9.30am before a lunch at 11.30am, funded by Bracknell Forest Homes. It will be at the children's centre at Priestwood Community Centre, in Priestwood Court Road.
* A jubilee family picnic has been organised by the Alders and Chestnuts Children's Centres in Sandhurst. It will be at the centre's base at College Town Infant School in Branksome Hill Road from noon-3pm. Entry is £2 per family and there will be crafts, a mobile farm, face painting and more. Bring your own picnic.
Saturday, June 9
* A beacon will be lit to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee at Warfield Village Fete. There will also be a hog roast, slides, a bouncy castle, bric-a-brac stalls, raffle, silent auction, ferret racing and morris dancing from noon-4pm at Warfield Memorial Ground, in Newell Green.
* There will be a party from 2pm and evening entertainment from 7.30pm at Barkham Village Hall, in Church Lane, Barkham.
Sunday, June 10
* The Crowthorne branch of the Royal British Legion will hold a party for members with a hog roast and dancing.
Saturday, June 16
* A party organised by Binfield Parish Council will start at 2pm at Foxley Fields, in Benetfeld Road, and there will be a barbecue with live music from 6pm.