News » Bracknell » Articles »

Man taken to hospital after fire

Published: 20 May 2012 17:50

A MAN was taken to hospital after suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire in his flat.

Share this image

Firefighters from Bracknell and Wokingham Fire Stations were called to the second-storey flat in Chadwick Mews, Easthampstead at 2.50pm today (Sunday).

The brigade said it seemed the middle-aged man had gone back inside the flat, where a fire had started at the cooker in the kitchen. Some kitchen units were destroyed and the flat was smoke damaged.

Watch manager Gary Nash said: "If you have a fire in a property, the message is to get out, stay out and call 999. Also, check you smoke alarm once a week."

Firefighters were there until 3.50pm.

Jump to first paragraph.