Warning over kitchen fires

Published: 23 Apr 2012 11:30

THE fire brigade is reminding people not to leave cooking unattended after two kitchen fires.

Share this image

Firefighters from Bracknell Fire Station were called to a flat in Nutley, Hanworth at 10.30pm last night (Sunday) [22] after food on the hob caught light, filling the room with smoke and setting off the smoke alarm. The fire did not spread.

The crew was then called to a house in Cheapside, North Ascot at 12.45am this morning (Monday) [23], when a chip pan had caught fire, but had gone out by the time they arrived.

Jump to first paragraph.