Warning after dishwasher fire
Published 13 Oct 2011 09:00 0 Comments
FIREFIGHTERS are warning residents not to put appliances on overnight following a dishwasher fire at a family home.
Two crews from Wokingham and Bracknell fire stations rushed to the house in Reading Road, Wokingham, near The Holt School, at 11pm last night (Wednesday).
The family of five left the house to call the fire brigade after they smelt smoke coming from the kitchen.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze, which was contained to the dishwasher, disconnected the appliance and cleared the house of smoke.
Firefighter Rudy Gallagher, from Wokingham fire station, said: "The dishwasher had been left on overnight.
"We suggest that people don't put their appliances on overnight."
This article appeared in Bracknell News 13 Oct 11