Royal Borough panel moves to Ascot to discuss Heatherwood Hospital
Published 6 Mar 2013 09:30 0 Comments
- Shock as Shaping the Future costs £781,000
- Heatherwood Hospital campaigners to hold march
- Heatherwood campaigners brand consultation process a sham
- Royal Borough launches petition to save services at Heatherwood Hospital
- Shaping the Future consultation exercise 'a sham' says Royal Borough councillor
A Royal Borough committee which has been critical of proposed changes to services at Heatherwood Hospital, Ascot is to schedule its next meeting in the town.
The Adult Services and Health Overview and Scrutiny Panel is due to meet on Monday, March 11 at the Pavilion, Ascot Racecourse, High Street Ascot, from 6.30pm.
Panel members plan to review the outcome of the Shaping the Future consultation and to discuss the proposals to merge Heatherwood and Wrexham Park Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Frimley Park Hospital NHS Trust.
Members of the public are being encouraged to attend the meeting and time will be set aside at the end to put questions to the panel members.
Shaping the Future proposed the permanent closure of the maternity unit at Heatherwood, closing ward eight there and providing rehabilitation service in the community and moving the closing the minor injuries unit at Heatherwodd in favour of opening an urgent care centre in the Bracknell Clinic at Brants Bridge.