FIREFIGHTERS attended a garage fire in Great Hollands Road at 3.30am to put out a blaze which is suspected to have been deliberately caused.
Fire crews from Bracknell and Wokingham stations were called out to the incident at a block of detached garages and they took two hours to extinguish the blaze and make the scene safe.
Due to asbestos in the roof of the garage firefighters had to remain at the site after dousing the fire to ensure that any contamination risks were cleaned or contained.
Firefighters are treating the incident as a possible case of arson and the garage where the fire started had been used for some time to dump waste and belongings. The garages were vacant and no domestic properties were affected.