A FAMILY had a lucky escape when a raging fire tore through their Hanworth home in the early hours of today (Tuesday).

Firefighters from Wokingham, Windsor and Crowthorne stations were called to a two-storey property in Qualitas just after midnight.

The blaze - believed to have originated from a bin in the first-floor bedroom - ripped through the room, spreading to the loft before the crews contained the flames.

No-one was hurt and the inhabitants - a mum, dad and son, thought to be in his 20s - described it as an 'unfortunate accident'.

For more on this story, pick up the Bracknell News - out Thursday.