FIREFIGHTERS from Bracknell and Wokingham fire stations were called after a piece of plastic caught fire in a kitchen.

The pumps were called when a couple raised the alarm after the plastic caught fire on a hob at a house in Warwick, in Crown Wood.

The crew from Bracknell arrived at about 4.40pm but the couple had already put out the fire.

The firemen ventilated the whole house to clear the smoke, and none of the family, which included two young children, were harmed.

Watch manager Michael Fulwell said: "The couple did the right thing to raise the alarm but the fire was out before we arrived so we made sure the house was clear of smoke."

The crew left the house at about 5.15pm.