24 Apr 2014 09:30

Adam Afriyie MP column: Neighbourhood plan is good news

INSENSITIVE over-development of our area is one of my key concerns for Ascot, Sunninghill, Sunningdale and across the constituency.

17 Apr 2014 09:30

Dr Phillip Lee MP column: Urgent Care Centre will benefit patients

AFTER months of campaigning, I am delighted that the Urgent Care Centre at Brants Bridge in Bracknell has opened its doors to its full range of services. Open 365 days a year, 12 hours a day, the new HealthSpace offers state-of-the-art medical facilities in an easily accessible location.

10 Apr 2014 09:30

Colin Antink column: New surgery is bit of a minefield

AS A lot of my readers will know my aim in this column is to fight the corner of the disabled. So here’s a bit about our new ‘Wokingham Medical Centre’, or doctors’ surgery to you and me. All very bright and modern, with a lot of expensive technology.

27 Mar 2014 09:30

Adam Afriyie MP column: We can secure a better future

HERE in Ascot, we are fortunate to have been somewhat sheltered from the economic struggles facing other parts of the country. Business is stronger than ever, and this is a tribute to entrepreneurs who have persevered through very difficult years. We are seeing a private sector- led economy, especially locally, with a record number of people in work as businesses invest, grow and take on new people. At the Budget, the Chancellor updated the Charter for Budget

20 Mar 2014 09:30

Dr Phillip Lee MP column: Investment will boost Bracknell area

INVESTMENT is vital to the economic sustainability of any area and the Thames Valley, successful as it is, is no different. Home to a number of different towns that play an important role in the region’s success, connectivity between these areas is crucial.

13 Mar 2014 09:30

Colin Antink column: Long road to recovery after operation

I’VE just come out of hospital after a spinal decompression operation so am finding life in general very frustrating. Who could have imagined how much time and effort it takes to simply pull on a pair of boxers? Too long, trust me.

20 Feb 2014 09:30

Dr Phillip Lee MP column: Children must be protected from smoke

THERE has been much media attention and speculation surrounding the recent vote in Parliament over smoking in cars carrying children. I would like to take this opportunity to explain why I voted in favour of this piece of legislation.

Social: Comments2 comments

11 Feb 2014 09:30

Adam Afriyie column: Council tax cut is good news

IT STRIKES me that whenever I’m chatting to residents it’s not long before the conversation turns to energy bills and the general pressures on household budgets.

23 Oct 2013 09:30

John Redwood MP's column: 'We need cheaper energy'

ENERGY prices are too dear already and are now going up too quickly. They have been at the centre of the Westminster debate this month.

Social: Comments2 comments

26 Sep 2013 09:30

John Redwood MP's column: 'I keep control of my expenses'

WE HAVE recently been told that MPs expenses for the year 2013-13 were higher than in 2009, the last year under the old system. The national media made much of the fact that expenses had hit a new high.

20 Sep 2013 09:30

Adam Afriyie column: 'Festival will be a real treat'

IT'S that time of year again, when the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead begins to bloom with arts, culture and an atmosphere of excitement as the Windsor Festival kicks off in style.

13 Sep 2013 09:30

Phillip Lee column: 'Council should drop fight against hospital changes'

HAVING failed to secure a judicial review on the former primary care trust’s decision to close some services at Heatherwood and Wexham Park, the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead has now demanded the Secretary of State for Health set up an Independent Reconfiguration Panel (IRP).

5 Sep 2013 09:30

Colin Antink column: 'It was nice to be beside the seaside - mostly'

WELL, I have just returned from a week in Costa del Weymouth. At the risk of sounding like a postcard, ‘Weather great, swimming in sea, relaxing on beach’.

29 Aug 2013 09:30

John Redwood MP's column: 'Let's not rush to war in Syria'

AS I write this I have just learnt that Parliament has been recalled. We are asked by the government to meet on Thursday [August 29] to debate the situation in Syria, and if necessary to vote on government proposals.

30 Jul 2013 09:30

Maurice O'Brien column: 'It's pay now, more pay later for those at the top'

HAVE you noticed how many of them carry those big satchels? Ministers, Civil Service hierarchy, bankers, accountants and the BBC elite, particularly the BBC elite, arriving for work, getting fired or wriggling in front of some tribunal.

26 Jul 2013 09:30

Adam Afriyie MP's column: 'Heathrow expansion is foolhardy'

FOR residents in Ascot, Heathrow proves its worth as a noisy, but welcome neighbour. Aviation plays a huge role in delivering long-term economic growth and importantly provides the international connectivity this country needs to thrive in the highly competitive global economy.

18 Jul 2013 09:30

Dr Phillip Lee MP's column: 'Foreign patients must pay their way'

I HAD the chance to question the Prime Minister on health tourism at Prime Minister's Questions on Wednesday, July 3. I received many letters from concerned constituents and therefore felt it was important to raise this issue with the Prime Minister.

11 Jul 2013 09:30

Colin Antink column: 'I'm so happy to have moved into new flat'

WELL, I have now moved into a smashing little flat which is much closer to my nearest and dearest and much safer for me. It pains me to have to admit it but my general physical health/ disabilities have recently become much worse and it was becoming increasingly hard to look after myself.

8 Jul 2013 09:30

Adam Afriyie column: "Syria is not our war"

WHEN I walk through Windsor and Ascot, I am always reminded of how proud I am to represent a garrison constituency, and it strikes me that we should do everything we can to protect our soldiers from harm by deploying them only when necessary.

Social: Comments1 comment

24 Jun 2013 09:30

Maurice O'Brien: 'And finally, Labour betrays us over pensions'

WHY does the Labour Party harbour such animosity towards anyone with a pension? Is it some old class warfare equation which maintains that if one saves carefully all his life and another fritters everything away they must finish up with exactly the same?

Comment | Opinion

Not find what you were looking for? You can filter this section using the links below.